STEMCivics, a charter school in Ewing, NJ, is seeking a High School Teacher of Latin with an exceptional ability to build bonds with students for the 2022-2023 school year. The candidate must hold or be able to obtain a NJ teaching certification. STEMCivics provides a college-prep curriculum focused on civic engagement and STEM project-based learning. Competitive compensation, including medical, dental, vision, and pension.
To express interest, please contact Kate Slovich firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION OPENING: ASSISTANT EDITOR, HESPERIA (ASCSA PUBLICATIONS OFFICE)
The Publications Office of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, in Princeton, NJ, has a full-time vacancy, beginning in July for a well-organized and highly motivated individual to support the Editor of Hesperia in all stages of production for the ASCSA’s award-winning journal on Greek archaeology and material culture.
The Assistant Editor will be part of a small, friendly department that works closely with authors to produce scholarly publications of the highest quality. The successful candidate will coordinate the peer-review process, review permissions, conduct bibliographic research, typeset, proofread, and take on any other production tasks as requested by the Editor.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Archaeology, Classics, or a related field
- At least two years of experience as a production, manuscript, or project editor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure of publication deadlines while retaining close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work while managing multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Familiarity with applying author and style guidelines (e.g., the Chicago Manual of Style)
- Proficiency in Ancient Greek (minimum three semesters)
- Computer literacy and the ability to work in an electronic workflow
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
Excellent benefits, pleasant working conditions, salary commensurate with experience. Prospective applicants should submit a cover letter, resume (in PDF format), and the names of two individuals willing to serve as references. Applications for the position should be submitted via the online form at: https://ascsa.submittable.com/submit/656006a2-2e28-45cd-b7bc-5dc62bb67715/assistant-editor-for-hesperia.
The closing date for applications is Friday, April 2, 2021. The position begins July 1, 2021.
Click here to view/download this post in PDF format
Millburn High School in Millburn, NJ is seeking a Latin teacher available immediately. The position is full-time, tenure track, and includes Latin 1- AP. Please contact Antonia DeVegh, 413-210-4529, for more details and information regarding the position.
Pennsauken High School is hiring for a full time Latin teacher beginning September 4, 2018. Courses are Latin I, Latin II Honors, Latin III Honors, and AP Latin IV. The textbook used is Latin for the New Millennium. This is a thriving Latin program in an urban/suburban Pre-K to 12th grade school district of approximately 5,000 students located in Camden County, New Jersey (near Philadelphia, PA). The school has very active Junior Classical League and Latin Honor Society chapters.
JOB ID 918 – Latin Teacher
Candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting www.pennsauken.net. For information, contact:
Director of Human Resources
856-662-8505, extension 6508
Seton Hall University seeks applicants for tenure- track faculty appointment at the rank of assistant professor in Classical Studies beginning in the 2018-2019 academic year. Teaching responsibilities will include Greek and Latin language and literature at all levels, as well as Classical literature, civilization, and culture courses in translation. Participation in the University Core Curriculum will be expected, and may include teaching in the University Honors Program. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Classics, a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching and learning, and experience in leading interdisciplinary courses. Click the “Apply Now” button at http://jobs.shu.edu/cw/en-us/job/493257/tenure-track-assistant-professor-in-classical-studies.
Seton Hall University seeks applicants for a one-year term faculty appointment at the rank of assistant professor in Classical Studies for the 2017-2018 academic year. The position will be in the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities will include Latin language and literature at all levels, and Classical literature, civilization, and culture courses in translation.
- We are looking for an outstanding teacher who will engage undergraduate students in creative and disciplined intellectual challenges.
- The teaching load is four courses per semester.
- The preferred candidate will have a Ph. D in Classics no later than October 2017 and a commitment to undergraduate teaching and learning.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and three letters of reference to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Frederick J. Booth (email@example.com), Director, Classical Studies Program. All materials should be submitted electronically. The deadline for applications is April 13, 2017.
Seton Hall, the oldest Catholic diocesan university in the US, is located 14 miles west of Manhattan, in South Orange, New Jersey and has an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students. Candidates should be supportive of the Catholic mission of the university. SHU is committed to programs of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community.
Montclair State University’s Classics and General Humanities Department will sponsor a series of four outdoors performances of Euripides’ HELEN this coming spring, April 20, 21, 25, and 27, 2017, in the Greek-style Amphitheater on MSU’s campus, adjacent to Kasser Theater. Performances are free and open to the public, and will take place at 2pm on each of the performance days. For more information, see: www.msuhelen.org. For other theater productions, see our general website: www.msugreekplays.org, and/or contact Jeri (Dr. Jerise Fogel) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Classical Academy in Clifton, NJ is looking for a full-time (six classes) Latin Teacher. S/he must be certified in Latin or be qualified to become certified via Alternate Route.
Candidates can call the Academy at 973-278-7707
, and ask to speak to the Principal, Vincent DeRosa.
NYU’s Center for Ancient Studies is planning the Rose-Marie Lewent Memorial Lecture for April 3, 2013. Professor Alessandro Barchiesi (University of Siena at Arezzo and Stanford University) will speak on the topic: Vergil’s Aeneid and the Destiny of Italy. The event is co-sponsored by the NYU Center for Ancient Studies, the Office of the Dean for Humanities, and the Department of Classics. For more details click here.