The Association’s annual fall meeting, usually scheduled on Columbus Day weekend, alternates among cities and campuses throughout our constituent area. Meetings combine scholarly papers on ancient literature, history and archaeology with panels and presentations on the teaching of the Classics, providing a relaxed and enjoyable forum for all college and secondary school teachers who are interested in the Greco-Roman world. NB: Pennsylvania teachers can now earn Act 48 credit for attending CAAS meetings and Maryland Latin teachers attending the CAAS meeting may request certificates of attendance that can be taken back to their school systems for inclusion in their Maryland State Department of Education professional development packets. Also, CAAS members may apply for a travel subsidy (download as PDF or word document.)
2018 Annual Meeting:
The Inn at Penn, Philadelphia, PA, October 6-8
- 2017 Annual Meeting: New York Marriott East Side, New York, NY, October 5-7 view the final program
- 2016 Annual Meeting: The Heldrich Conference Center, New Brunswick, NJ, October 20-22 view the final program
- 2015 Annual Meeting: The Hotel du Pont, Wilmington, DE, October 8-10. view the final program
- 2014 Annual Meeting: The Washington Marriott at Metro Center, Washington DC, October 9-11. View the Final Program.
- 2013 Annual Meeting: The Inn at Penn, Philadelphia, PA, October 10-12. View the Program. (Accurate as of October 1, 2013).
- 2012 Annual Meeting: New York Marriott East Side, New York, NY, October 4-6. View the program. (Accurate as of October 1, 2012.)
- 2011 Annual Meeting: Baltimore Marriott, Hunt Valley in Hunt Valley, MD, October 13 – 15. View the final program.
- 2010 Annual Meeting: Hilton Newark Airport Hotel in Elizabeth, New Jersey, October 7-9, 2010); see the final program.
- 2009 Annual Meeting: Doubletree Hotel Downtown Wilmington in Delaware October 8 – 10, 2009; see the Program for a record of its rich intellectual offerings and the special tribute to outgoing Program Coordinator Judy Hallett for making it all possible.
- 2008 Annual Meeting: Westin Hotel in Princeton, New Jersey October 9 – 11, 2008; see the Program for a record of its excellent presentations and photos for a sense of its friendly spirit.
- Centennial Meeting: Jurys Hotel in Washington, DC October 4 – 7, 2007. See the Program for the exciting offerings of this very special meeting. See also photos and biographical sketches from the “Representing Our Ancestors” plenary session, and a photo gallery of events and people from the Centennial conference.
- Fall 2006: Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel in Towson, Maryland October 5 – 7, 2006; see Program.
- Fall 2005: Spencer Hotel in Wilmington, Delaware October 6 – 8, 2005. See the Program for information about the rich offerings of scholarly and pedagogical papers, panels, and workshops, and view photos of some of the meeting events.
- Fall 2004: Holiday Inn in Philadelph, Pennsylvania October 7-9, 2004; see Program.
- Spring 2004: Sheraton Hotel and Towers in New York City April 23-24, 2004; see Program (Acrobat file).
- Fall 2003: Wyndham Hotel in Wilmington, Delaware October 10-11, 2003; see Program (Acrobat file).
- Spring 2003: Ramada Inn and Conference Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania April 25-26, 2003; see Program.
- Fall 2002: Hyatt Hotel in New Brunswick, New Jersey October 11-12, 2002; see Program (Acrobat file).
- Spring 2002: The Hilton Philadelphia/Cherry Hill in Cherry Hill, New Jersey April 26-27, 2002; see Program (Acrobat file).