- Congenial and exciting annual meetings with scholarly and pedagogical presentations, roundtables, workshops, interesting speakers, performances, etc.
- Subscription to Classical World, a quarterly classical journal containing surveys of textbooks, audiovisual materials and scholarly subjects in addition to articles, reviews and special theme issues
- Eligibility for the E. Adelaide Hahn Scholarship, a generous grant for classical study abroad
- Eligibility for generous resource or project grants
- Opportunity to serve on the CAAS Board of Directors as an officer or regional representative and to make an impact on the field of Classics
If you would like to volunteer to be considered for possible service as a member of a CAAS committee, as a CAAS officer, as a CAAS Delegate, as a CAAS Regional Director, or in some other capacity, please fill out the form with your name, institution (if applicable), email address, and a brief statement of your interests and qualifications.
- Opportunity to network with others in your region who share your love for the Classics and to promote interest in and study of the classical languages and civilizations
- Ability to search through the CAAS membership directory. (Instructions: after logging in to JHUP’s Members’ Area, you can search by first name or last name, but not both, as well as search for partial name matches. You can search by institution, city, state, country, or view all members by entering no search terms as well.)
Annual dues for individuals residing in the United States are currently $35.
For individuals residing in Canada or Mexico, $45; for those residing outside North America, $48 [these rates reflect postage fees]. The CAAS membership year is from September 1 to August 31. There is no rolling membership option. You can join CAAS or renew membership online through the JHUP CAAS Membership page.* To become a sustaining member and opt for “auto-renew,” please contact JHUP Customer Service (800.548.1784) or email email@example.com.
*To register by mail, complete a check for the appropriate membership amount, made out to JUHP, note “CAAS Membership” on the memo section of the check and send, with a completed form, to:CAAS, c/o Johns Hopkins University Press, PO Box 19966, Baltimore, MD 21211-0966.