The Classical Association of the Atlantic States
Call for Papers: 2015 Annual Meeting, October 8-10, 2015
Hotel DuPont, Wilmington, Delaware
We invite individual and group proposals on all aspects of the classical world and classical reception, and on new strategies and resources for improved teaching. Especially welcome are presentations that aim at maximum audience participation and integrate the concerns of K-12 and college faculty, and that consider ways of communicating about ancient Greece and Rome outside of our discipline and profession. We are hoping to include an undergraduate research session featuring presentations based on outstanding term papers, senior theses or other scholarly projects.
All submitters and all Program participants must be current members of CAAS. Participants in the 2015 Annual Meeting must be members when they submit proposals and must renew their memberships for 2015-2016 (The membership year is September 1-August 31).
All abstracts and proposals must be submitted electronically using the forms listed on this page.
Panels and Workshops
Panel/Workshop submissions: panels or workshops may be 1 ½ or 2 hours in length, depending on the number of presenters. Submissions must include:
- a single Word 97-2003 (.doc or .rtf or .txt—NOT .docx) file of no more than 700 words that includes a description of the proposed panel or workshops and, if appropriate, brief abstracts of the individual presentations. The description and individual abstracts (if any) should be accompanied by, and appropriate to, the panel/workshop topic, by a bibliography of up to ten items (not included in the word limit). The proposal should clearly indicate the thesis and original contribution made by the panel or workshop and situate this contribution in a larger scholarly context (for more information, see Writing an Abstract for Professional Presentation). The proposal must be anonymous. The names of the organizer and presenters should not appear anywhere in this file except when citing a publication by the organizer or presenters.
- Title of the session and titles of each individual presentation (if appropriate).
- specific audio-visual needs for the session (please note that CAAS cannot provide laptops, a live internet connection, or a VCR/DVD player with monitor. All videos must be projected from a laptop).
- on an information sheet, to be submitted as an additional file separate from that describing the panel/workshop proposal, complete contact information for the panel organizer, including institution, postal address, phone number and email address; institutions and emails addresses for all presenters. This information should appear on the information page only, and not the document describing the panel/workshop.
NEW EARLY DEADLINE FOR PANELS AND WORKSHOPS: THE SUBMISSION DATE FOR PANELS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MARCH 30, 2015. No substantive changes (e.g. additional speakers) will be allowed after this date.
The Program Coordinator, or a deputy who is not a member of the program committee, will review panel/workshop submissions to ensure adherence to the above specifications. If a proposal is incomplete, the organizer will be asked to revise it and to resubmit the proposal for assessment by Monday, April 6, 2015.
Submit Panel and Workshop Proposals Here: <http://www.caas-cw.org/forms/panelform.php>
individual papers must be no more than 15 minutes in length. Submissions must include:
- a single Word 97-2003 (.doc or .rtf or .tst—NOT docx) file of no more than 300 words that clearly indicates the thesis and original contributions made by your presentation and situations this contribution in a larger scholarly context (for more information, see Writing an Abstract for Professional Presentation). This abstract should be accompanied, if appropriate to the paper topic, by a bibliography of up to five items (not included in the word limit) and by a statement of how audiovisual aids will be used (not included in the word limit). The abstract must be anonymous. The author’s name should not appear anywhere in the file except when citing a publication by the author.
- an information sheet, to be submitted as an additional file separate from that of your abstract, the title of your presentation and complete contact information for yourself, including institutional affiliation, postal address, phone number and email address.
- if you are an undergraduate, please indicate this, so that undergraduate submissions can be read separately, and in relation to one another.
- specific audio-visual needs for your presentation (please note that CAAS cannot provide laptops, a live internet connection, or a VR/DVD player with monitor: all videos must be projected from a laptop).
The deadline for individual submissions is Monday, April 6, 2015.
Submit individual proposals here:<http://www.caas-cw.org/forms/paperform.php>
For further information, please contact CAAS Program Coordinator Judith P Hallett (email@example.com). Please contact Webmaster Jana Soska (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you experience difficulties with the online forms.