The Classical Association of the Atlantic States is seeking applicants for the position of Investment Liaison. The Investment Liaison will serve a three-year term, with the first term beginning after confirmation by the CAAS Board of Directors and running through the end of the Fall 2022 Annual Meeting. The position is a renewable and volunteer appointment. Time commitments will vary during the year but average 2-3 hours per month.
The general responsibilities of the Investment Liaison, according to the CAAS Bylaws, are:
The Investment Liaison, who shall not be either the Treasurer or the Executive Director, shall serve as liaison to the investment manager or financial advisor retained by the Corporation and shall authorize in writing withdrawals from the Endowment.
A more detailed description of the responsibilities are listed in the CAAS Regulations and Operating procedures. The applicable functions are:
The Investment Liaison, a Board-appointed officer serving a three-year renewable term who may not simultaneously hold the office of Executive Director or Treasurer, shall:
- serve on the Finance Committee and act as a liaison between this committee and the investment manager or financial advisor retained by the Association,
- work with the investment manager or financial advisor to implement the Association’s investment policy,
- authorize in writing all withdrawals from the Endowment,
- contribute a section on investments to the written reports of the Finance Committee,
- using our brokerage reports, divide dividend income and interest for the fiscal year into ordinary dividends, capital gain distributions/dividends, and investment interest, and forward these results to our accountants for our income tax report.
- Applicants must work or reside in the CAAS Region, i.e. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and District of Columbia.
- Applicants must be CAAS members and retain their membership throughout the term of office.
- The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the current Investment Liaison in the period after acceptance of the position to facilitate assumption of the position and acquisition of documents and electronic files.
Please send applications to Nominations Committee Chair Ann Raia (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 15, 2019. Applications should include a letter of interest, the names and contact information of three references, and a current curriculum vitae.