Seton Hall University seeks applicants for a one-year term faculty appointment at the rank of assistant professor in Classical Studies for the 2017-2018 academic year. The position will be in the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities will include Latin language and literature at all levels, and Classical literature, civilization, and culture courses in translation.
- We are looking for an outstanding teacher who will engage undergraduate students in creative and disciplined intellectual challenges.
- The teaching load is four courses per semester.
- The preferred candidate will have a Ph. D in Classics no later than October 2017 and a commitment to undergraduate teaching and learning.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and three letters of reference to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Frederick J. Booth (email@example.com), Director, Classical Studies Program. All materials should be submitted electronically. The deadline for applications is April 13, 2017.
Seton Hall, the oldest Catholic diocesan university in the US, is located 14 miles west of Manhattan, in South Orange, New Jersey and has an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students. Candidates should be supportive of the Catholic mission of the university. SHU is committed to programs of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community.